There are many ways to be good digital citizens. We have learned about this during the year.
Watch this video to help you to remember to be smart online:
Pause and Think Online
Use your head, your heart, your gut, your arms, and your strong legs!
Think with your head.
- Keep private information private!
- We are careful to not use real names , or only our first name when we play games online.
- We saw how our address can be used to find where we live on Google maps
- Keep your passwords private.
- We keep our Sumdog passwords private, for example.
Feel with your heart.
- Use clear and respectful language. Be kind!
- We can practice commenting on respectfully on Seesaw.
- Only say something online that you would say in person. Only send images or emojis you wouldn't mind your parents or grandparents or teacher seeing.
- Respect other's work online!
- We are careful not to disturb others' work, like their Pic Collages, when we use our shared iPads.
Listen to your gut.
- Tell an adult if something makes you uncomfortable
- Use the back button or the x button to close it
- Be safe.
Balance with your arms.
- Turn off your device and play in real life, too. Enjoy nature and your friends and family.
Stand up on your strong legs to be kind and to ask for help from adults. This means be assertive.